Do you know a young filmmaker? This could be the competition for them.
Fresh Film is calling for entries in their 2024 Young Filmmakers’ competition.
Founded in 1997 as the Irish School’s Video Competition, Fresh Film was originally a school’s competition for secondary students. It has since grown into a year-round organization with a focus on national and international filmmakers spanning the primary and secondary age groups.
Fresh International Film Festival now includes Ireland’s Young Filmmaker of the Year Awards, which constitute three sections: Junior (7-12 years), Senior (12- 18 years), and The International (7-19 years). Each section is open to individual filmmakers, schools, youth, and community groups.
Manager of Fresh Film, Ciarda Tobin, said: “Fresh Film is excited to see your stories. So, what are you waiting for? Pick up a camera and make that film you’ve been thinking about.”
Fresh Film is an excellent way to engage young creatives allowing to learn new skills and develop their craft.
Previous winner, 17-year-old Max Hendrickson, was named Young Filmmaker of the Year 2023 at Fresh International Film Festival, for his animated short film The Tell-Tale Heart, a re-telling of Edgar Allan Poe’s famous short story.
CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY
To be eligible for inclusion film entries must be:
- The original work of schools or groups or individuals aged from 7 to 18
- Aged 7 to 12 for the Junior section,
- Aged 13 to 18 for the Senior section.
- Completed after January 20, 2023 (National)
- Completed after December 2022 (International)
- 15 mins or less in length (Senior section)
- 10 mins or less in length (Junior section)
- Times are inclusive of title and end credits
- Submitted with a digital still, synopsis, completed entry form, and fee (€16 per film or less for multiple submissions)
The closing date for submissions is January 19, 2024.
For more information – check out the Fresh Film website – here.
1,839 total views, 3 views today